Fulltime 40 uur, Made
The objective of this position is to support the development of hybrid vegetables with resistance against arthropod pests. You are based at the R&D site of Hazera Seeds B.V. in Made and you will report to the Lead Entomologist. As the position is embedded in the Group’s R&D structure, functional reporting relationships exist to trait/crop coordinators of the Vegetable Seed Division of the Limagrain Group.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute research projects or multidisciplinary programs aimed at the innovation of our crops towards resistance against insects and other arthropod pests,
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the Group within the field of entomology and expanding our freedom-to operate and intellectual property position,
- Provide direct and functional leadership to individuals and teams,
- Maintain and leverage internal and external networks to support delivery of business goals.
- PhD in Entomology or related fields within Plant Sciences,
- Organisational skills as project lead (science officer) with helicopter view,
- Proven affinity with molecular biology and/or genetics are a pre,
- Able to direct and express views both on research within international project teams as within local entomology team,
- Excellent command of the English language,
- Flexibility to travel in the Netherlands and abroad.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it’s good to work at Hazera!
For more information on our company you can visit our website: www.hazera.com
For information on the job you can contact Dr. Tjeerd Snoeren, e-mail: email@example.com
If you are enthusiastic to join a growing organization, please send us as soon as possible a letter of motivation and a detailed resume (in English), preferably by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form on this website www.hazera.nl.